Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), nestled in the vibrant city of Los Angeles, stands as a symbolic hub for global travel. Initially opened in 1930 as Mines Field, LAX has undergone immense transformations, evolving into the second busiest airport in the United States and fourth worldwide in passenger traffic. More than just an airport, LAX is an intricate maze of terminals, runways, and expansive parking facilities. Every traveler, whether a frequent flier or an occasional visitor, recognizes the significance of smooth parking experiences and top-notch facilities. Ensuring the comfort of its patrons, LAX offers diverse parking options and an array of facilities, making it not just a transit point but a space that caters to all needs.
Overnight parking at LAX is $12 at parking lot Economy Lot E.
Los Angeles International Airport Parking
Daily rate From 3 days $60.00 – 8 days $160.00 – 15 days $300.00 – LAX Airport has several nearby hotels that offer various parking options.
Several off-site parking lots and garages are available near the airport for a more economical option. These can be found online or by asking at the information desk. Rates vary depending on the location and length of stay but typically range from $7 – $15 a day. In addition, most of these facilities offer free shuttle services to and from the airport.
LAX also offers a range of short-term and long-term parking options directly at the airport. The daily maximum rate at the Economy Lot is currently $25, and the maximum for all other lots is $40. Additional fees may apply for oversized vehicles, pickups, and SUVs. To avoid fees, all cars parked in these lots must have their license plates registered at the pay station.
Other options are available for drivers who must park at LAX more often. Lot C is the closest to the terminals and offers daily parking for $30.
Those looking to park for an extended period can take advantage of the long-term parking rates in Lot B, which cost $18 per day. The LAX Parking Center also provides long-term parking for $24 per day.
Short-Term Parking Rate
Short-term parking rates at LAX start with 15 minutes of free parking, followed by $5 for the first hour and $4 for each additional 30 minutes.
For those staying longer, daily rates at LAX range from $25 for Economy Lot C and Lot 4 to $35 for the Central Terminal Area and Parking Structures. The long-term parking lots offer discounted rates for those staying overnight or longer. Valet service is also available in several locations, with prices ranging from $30 for one hour up to a maximum of $38 per day.
LAX also offers convenient park-and-ride services near the airport at select hotels and off-site lots. These services provide a shuttle to the airport terminal with rates ranging from $6 to $14 per day, depending on the location.
Finally, those seeking to avoid parking can save money by taking public transportation such as the FlyAway bus, which stops at various locations in Los Angeles and goes directly to LAX. The cost for this service is only $ 8 per person.
Lax Airport Long-Term Parking
LAX Airport’s Economy Lot C is an affordable long-term parking option. Visitors can quickly get to and from their terminal with a convenient shuttle every 5-7 minutes. The lot offers over 11,000 parking spaces at a flat fee of $12 per day for the first 3 days and $10 for each additional day. This lot is great for those who plan on staying longer and want to save some money.
The Central Terminal Area (CTA) Parking Lot is another long-term parking option at LAX Airport. This lot is located close to the terminals and offers over 5,000 spaces with a flat fee of $27 per day for all vehicles. Visitors can take advantage of a free shuttle that runs every 10 minutes.
LAX Airport’s Parking Plaza offers a more luxurious parking experience for those who don’t mind spending more. This lot provides over 3,000 spaces with a flat fee of $36 per day. The Parking Plaza also includes access to an elevator and escalator leading directly into the terminal.
LAX Cell Phone Parking Lot
The LAX Cell Phone Waiting Lot also offers convenient access to the airport terminals. This lot is free for those picking up passengers, but a fee of $2.00 per hour is charged for waiting time. Additionally, valet parking is available at this lot, and rates are calculated per hour, including taxes and fees.
The Way lots offer the most affordable rates for those looking to save money. These lots are located on 96th Street and Sepulveda Boulevard, providing covered and uncovered parking. Rates are charged per hour, with a maximum daily rate of $14.75.
For those who prefer more convenience, the Flylax CTA Parking and Flylax Premium Terminal Parking offer the most direct access to all terminals. Rates start from $60 and $70 per day, respectively. Those looking for an even quicker route can take advantage of the Flylax Economy Lot, with rates starting from $35 per day.
Valet Parking Services
Valet parking is also available at LAX, with rates starting at $30 per day. Valet services include a complimentary car wash and detailed vehicle check-in and out.
LAX | Terminal and Economy Parking Maps
Central Terminal Area parking structures are available for dropping off and picking up passengers, overnight trips, and extended stays.
For those staying overnight or for extended trips, the LAX Parking Lots offers parking for all budgets. These lots are just a short walk from the terminals and feature 24-hour security with lighting and cameras. Short- and long-term parking is available in these lots, and they can accommodate any vehicle size. Depending on the lot, prices range from $12 to $40 daily.
There are several options for those just dropping off or picking up passengers. Curbside drop-off is available in front of each terminal and is free for the first 15 minutes. After that, a fee of $3 per hour will apply. Valet parking is available at each airport as well for an additional cost.
Additional parking lots are located offsite from the airport in nearby neighborhoods. These lots are often cheaper than parking at the airport but require a shuttle ride to and from the terminals. Prices for offsite parking can range from $5 to $20 per day.
LAX Parking Spot
The Parking Spot Century is one of the most popular and highly rated airport parking lots. Located just 1.2 miles from the airport, this lot offers various perks, such as free shuttles every 15 minutes and luggage assistance that can help ease any traveler’s burden. The Parking Spot Century also provides complimentary bottled water for guests and a loyalty program for frequent travelers that gives you discounts and upgrades. The Parking Spot Century also offers covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements.
Airport Center Parking is one of the closest lots to LAX, just 0.3 miles away. This lot offers free shuttles every 10 minutes to take passengers directly to their terminal. Airport Center Parking also provides various services such as oil changes, car detailing, and more, making it an excellent option for travelers needing vehicle maintenance before their trip. Airport Center Parking also has 24/7 security and surveillance to help ensure the safety of guests.
QuikPark is another popular choice for LAX airport parking, with some of the lowest rates in the area. This lot offers free shuttles that run every 15 minutes and are located just 0.7 miles from the airport. QuikPark also provides covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements and a loyalty program for frequent travelers that can help them save money when parking their cars. Additionally, QuikPark has 24/7 security and surveillance to help ensure the safety of visitors.
The Hilton Los Angeles Airport is one of the top-rated airport parking lots in the area. Located just 1.2 miles from the airport, this lot offers a variety of amenities to make traveling easier. They provide free shuttles that run every 15 minutes and offer luggage assistance. The Hilton Los Angeles Airport also has covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements. The Hilton Los Angeles Airport also offers a loyalty program for frequent travelers that can help them save money when parking their cars.
Joe’s Airport Parking is another excellent option for LAX airport parking. Located just 1.5 miles from the airport, this lot offers free shuttles that run every 15 minutes and provide luggage assistance when needed. They also offer covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements and a loyalty program for frequent travelers that can help them save money when parking their cars. Additionally, Joe’s Airport Parking has 24/7 security and surveillance to help ensure the safety of visitors.
Fox Auto Parks (LAX) is another great option for airport parking. Located just 1.7 miles from the airport, this lot provides free shuttles that run every 10 minutes and provide luggage assistance when needed. They also offer covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements and a loyalty program for frequent travelers that can help them save money when parking their cars. Additionally, Fox Auto Parks (LAX) has 24/7 security and surveillance to help ensure the safety of visitors.
Airport Valet Parking is one of the most convenient options for LAX airport parking. This lot offers free shuttles that run every 10 minutes and luggage assistance when needed. Additionally, Airport Valet Parking has covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements and a loyalty program for frequent travelers that can help them save money when parking their cars. Located just 0.9 miles from the airport, Airport Valet Parking also has 24/7 security and surveillance to help ensure the safety of guests.
Parking at The Embassy Suites Los Angeles International Airport is another great option for travelers. This lot is conveniently located just 0.5 miles from the airport and provides free shuttles that run every 10 minutes, with luggage assistance available when needed. The Embassy Suites Los Angeles International Airport also offers covered parking for those who want extra protection from the elements and a loyalty program for frequent travelers to help them save money when parking their cars. Additionally, The Embassy Suites Los Angeles International Airport has 24/7 security and surveillance to help ensure the safety of visitors.
On-Site Airport Parking Overview
Traveling by air offers a unique blend of excitement and stress. While the prospect of exploring new destinations or returning home is thrilling, the logistical challenges leading up to the flight often serve as a dampener. One of the primary concerns for many travelers is airport parking. Where to park? How much will it cost? Is it safe? On-site airport parking can address many of these concerns, providing convenience and peace of mind.
What is On-Site Airport Parking?
On-site airport parking refers to parking facilities located on airport premises. These are usually owned and operated by the airport authority, ensuring standardized security measures and ease of access to the terminals. Depending on the airport, on-site parking can be found directly adjacent to the terminal buildings or a short shuttle ride away.
Types of On-Site Airport Parking
Different airports offer various on-site parking options based on size and passenger traffic. Here’s a rundown of the common ones:
- Short-Term Parking: Ideal for those who are picking up or dropping off passengers, short-term lots are typically located closest to the terminal entrances. They charge by the hour, making them unsuitable for more extended stays due to cost considerations.
- Long-Term Parking: Geared for travelers intending to leave their cars for several days or weeks, these lots often have reduced daily rates compared to short-term options. They might be a short walk or a quick shuttle ride away from the main terminals.
- Economy Parking: Offering the most budget-friendly rates, economy lots are designed for long-term stays. They’re usually located furthest from the terminals and necessitate shuttle transportation.
- Valet Parking: Many airports offer valet services for those looking for convenience and luxury. Simply drive up to the designated area, hand over your keys, and proceed to your flight. Your car will be safely parked for you.
- Specialty Parking: This can include dedicated spaces for oversized vehicles, electric vehicle charging stations, and premium spots with added amenities.
Advantages of On-Site Airport Parking
- Security: On-site lots typically have robust security measures, including regular patrols, CCTV surveillance, and gated entries.
- Convenience: Their proximity to the terminals means less hassle and time saved, especially when running late or traveling with lots of luggage or young children.
- Predictability: On-site parking facilities have standardized rates and procedures, ensuring transparency and reducing the unpredictability that sometimes comes with off-site, privately owned lots.
Things to Consider
- Cost: On-site parking, especially short-term and valet options, can be pricier than off-site alternatives. It’s crucial to weigh the convenience against the expense.
- Space Availability: During peak travel times, on-site lots can fill up quickly. Reserving a spot in advance, if possible, can ease worries.
LAX Airport Parking Map Overview
Los Angeles International Airport, more commonly referred to as LAX, is one of the busiest airports in the world. As the primary airport serving Los Angeles, California, it handles many domestic and international flights daily. For travelers, navigating such a sprawling complex can be daunting, especially regarding parking. The LAX parking map offers clarity, ensuring travelers can quickly locate and access the ideal parking spot.
Understanding the LAX Parking Map
LAX is distinctively designed with a U-shaped layout for its nine passenger terminals, creating what’s referred to as the Central Terminal Area (CTA). The parking map centers around this layout, strategically placing parking structures and lots for easy access.
1. Central Terminal Area (CTA) Parking:
- Surrounding the U-shaped terminal layout are several multi-story parking structures labeled P-1 through P-7.
- Each structure is conveniently located near specific terminals, allowing passengers to walk directly to their check-in counters.
2. Economy Parking:
- LAX offers an Economy Parking Lot, labeled Lot E on the map, situated further away from the Central Terminal Area.
- It’s primarily designed for long-term parking and is the most budget-friendly on-site option at LAX.
- Shuttle services frequently run between Lot E and the terminals, ensuring passengers can quickly reach their departure gates.
3. Cell Phone Waiting Lot:
- The LAX map also highlights the Cell Phone Waiting Lot for those picking up passengers and waiting for a call to meet at the curb. This offers an accessible waiting area without the need to circle the busy terminal road.
Specialty Parking on the Map
1. Valet Parking Areas:
- Specific terminals, especially those catering to international flights and premium services, have designated valet parking zones marked on the map for travelers who prefer this service.
2. Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations:
- As part of LAX’s commitment to sustainability, several EV charging stations are available. These are marked on the parking map, allowing drivers to locate them quickly.
3. Oversized Vehicle Parking:
- Given the diverse range of vehicles, sections of the LAX parking areas are dedicated to accommodating oversized cars, ensuring they, too, have a spot.
Tips for Using the LAX Parking Map
1. Plan Ahead: Review the LAX parking map before your trip. Determine the terminal you depart from and select the most convenient parking structure or lot.
2. Reserve Online: Parking spaces can fill up rapidly during peak travel times. If possible, book your parking spot online to ensure availability.
3. Note the Location: Given the vastness of LAX, it’s easy to forget where you’ve parked. Take a picture or note the parking structure and level/row where you’ve left your vehicle.
Why Choose Hotel Parking Lots Near LAX?
Hotel parking lots near LAX offer travelers an alternative to the often bustling and more expensive on-site airport parking. These lots can be an excellent choice for travelers due to several reasons:
- Cost-Effective: Often, hotel lots offer competitive rates compared to traditional airport parking.
- Safety: Many reputable hotels have secure parking lots, often monitored by cameras and patrolled regularly.
- Extended Stay: Hotel lots can provide extended parking packages that might be more affordable than on-site airport options for travelers on longer trips.
- Shuttle Service: Most hotels offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, ensuring travelers can catch their flights on time.
- Overnight Stay: If you have an early morning flight or arrive late, staying at the hotel allows you to rest without the hassle of additional travel.
Popular Hotel Parking Lots Near LAX
1. Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Located just a quarter-mile from LAX, Hilton offers travelers luxury accommodations and parking services.
- Features: Secured, 24/7 patrolled parking facility.
- Amenities: Complimentary shuttle service to and from LAX, operating every 15-20 minutes. The hotel also boasts upscale dining options for travelers looking to grab a bite before their flight.
2. Westin Los Angeles Airport
A mere few blocks from LAX, the Westin provides a combination of comfort and convenience for air travelers.
- Features: Covered parking facility with security measures.
- Amenities: The hotel offers a shuttle service, a pool, and a fitness center. It’s a great option for those who wish to start their journey with some relaxation.
3. Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport
Located strategically near LAX, Crowne Plaza is a favorite among business travelers.
- Features: Spacious parking area with 24-hour surveillance.
- Amenities: Regular shuttle service to LAX, a business center, and multiple dining options make it convenient for travelers.
4. Marriott Los Angeles Airport
Marriott’s proximity to LAX and its reputation for quality service have made it a go-to choice for many.
- Features: Safe, well-lit parking spaces.
- Amenities: 24-hour shuttle service, a refreshing pool area, and several in-house restaurants for a pre-flight meal.
Why Choose Hotel Parking Lots?
Cost-Efficient: Hotel parking lots often offer competitive rates compared to on-site airport parking, especially for extended stays.
Safety: Hotels have a reputation to uphold, ensuring their parking facilities are well-monitored and secure.
Additional Amenities: Many travelers appreciate the benefits of hotel parking, such as shuttle services, dining options, or even booking a room for a short rest.
Reliability: Reserving a spot in advance ensures a guaranteed parking space upon arrival, reducing pre-flight stress.
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport Parking
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, often called Four Points LAX, is strategically located just a mile from the airport. The hotel allows guests and non-guests to park their vehicles in a secure environment, making it a favorable choice for those flying out of LAX.
- Proximity to LAX: Being close to the airport, travelers can enjoy the convenience of a short commute to their respective terminals.
- Security: The safety of the vehicles is a priority for the establishment. The parking area is well-lit, monitored through surveillance cameras, and frequently patrolled.
- Affordability: Four Points LAX parking rates can often be more competitive than the official on-site LAX parking, especially for those looking to park for extended durations.
- Shuttle Service: The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service that runs 24/7. Shuttles typically operate regularly, ensuring passengers reach the airport terminals promptly.
While the primary reason for choosing Four Points LAX might be its parking services, the hotel also offers additional amenities that travelers can take advantage of:
- Dining: The hotel features an in-house restaurant and bar, ideal for travelers who want to have a meal before their journey.
- Accommodation: Should you have an early flight or experience a delay, you can book a room for a comfortable rest.
- Wi-Fi: The entire hotel, including the lobby and dining areas, is equipped with free Wi-Fi, allowing travelers to check flight updates or attend to last-minute emails.
Reservation and Payment:
For the best experience, booking your parking spot is advisable, especially during peak travel seasons. Reservations can be made through the hotel’s official website or various parking service platforms. Depending on the hotel’s facilities, payment methods might include credit cards, cash, or mobile payment solutions.